New coronavirus: Current situation – Switzerland and international
Information on the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus and those who have died as a result of the infection, as well as the report on the epidemiological situation in Switzerland, can be found here.
Current situation in Switzerland
Confirmed in Switzerland, 25.3.2020, 8.15 am:
Infected: 9765 people
Died: 103 people
The top priority for the Swiss Federal Council is the health of the public
The aim should be to make sure that people are better protected from the novel coronavirus, especially those who are at a higher risk of becoming severely ill. We can all help by following the recommendations (both the new ones and those issued previously):
- Keep your distance – for example: Protect elderly people by keeping adequate distance from them; Keep your distance when queuing or waiting in line; Keep your distance at meetings.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- If you have a fever and are coughing, stay at home.
- Only go to the doctor or A&E once you have notified them by phone.
Current situation – International
As of 26 March 2020, 7 am
Cases of new coronavirus infections have been confirmed in more than 180 countries or regions.
Infected: more than 74,000 people
Died: 7,503 people
Infected: more than 471,000 people
Died: more than 21,000 people
In the majority of cases the illness is mild. However, people aged over 65 and those with an existing pre-illness could become seriously ill.
Federal government links
Additional links: Switzerland
Additional links: international