Zug, 19.08.2019

One person injured and three flats uninhabitable after early morning fire

One person had to be taken to hospital and three flats were left uninhabitable after a fire raged through an apartment house on Sunday morning.

The Zug Voluntary Fire brigade rushed to the building on Chamerstrasse in the city at 6 am, shortly after they had been alerted. One person had to be taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation; all other occupants were able to be evacuated to safety.

As can be seen in the photograph, damage to the building was extensive, though no figure has been put on it so far.

Traffic was also subject to delays in the Schutzengel area of Chamerstrasse as the firemen attended.

Photos: Zuger Polizei