Due to the Corona virus situation, the following special reliefs and precautions apply in the area of taxes.
- The deadline for submitting tax returns for private individuals (natural persons) is generally extended by two months from April 30 to June 30, 2020.
- The deadline for applications for tariff adjustments to withholding taxes is generally extended by three months from March 31 to June 30, 2020.
- The payment deadlines for all tax bills of all private individuals and companies will be extended until June 30, 2020. This applies to both cantonal and municipal taxes as well as direct federal taxes. An application for this deferral of payment is not necessary.
- Default interest will not be charged for the period from March 1 to December 31, 2020. This applies to both cantonal and municipal taxes as well as direct federal taxes.
- The tax administration will refrain from sending tax assessments and invoices until the end of April 2020.
- Any further deadline extension requests beyond the above-mentioned new filing and payment deadlines will be assessed individually by the tax administration and will be processed with goodwill.
- To protect customers and our employees, the public counter will remain closed until further notice. The tax administration is continuing to work behind the scenes.
Please make use of our online services, or the contact form, or our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The switchboard (041 728 26 11) can also be reached, but there may be long waiting times due to the large number of calls.
Our Corona Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document contains lots of additional information.
The tax administration's online services can be used via the tax portal.