On Monday, fans and players of the Swiss champions EVZ set about dismantling the seats that were installed due to the pandemic.
On 7 May, after 23 years of waiting, the EV Zug won the championship title behind almost closed doors. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, only 50 spectators were allowed into the last playoff final match against Servette Geneva (5-1).
More fans were allowed in for a short time from the beginning of the season in October, but only seated. For this reason, temporary seats were installed in the standing curve of the Bossard Arena. These are now disappearing again. On Monday, players and fans set about dismantling the seats – a step towards normality.
- The obligatory championship photo Photo: Patrick Hürlimann
- The subsequent Arenaplatz celebration was all the more exuberant Photo: Jan Pegoraro
- Some helpers appeared in true style in the master shirt for dismantling the seats.
- The fans are happy, the seats in the standing curve are history.
- The standing curve is soon restored.
Photos: Maria Schmid (Zug, 19 July 2021)
The 2021/22 National League season begins for EVZ on 7 September with the home game against HC Davos. How many spectators are allowed into the stadium is still written in the stars.